• Home »
  • General »
  • Yasin Bhatkal wanted to mingle a Tibetan Leader for IM’s new strategy!

Yasin Bhatkal wanted to mingle a Tibetan Leader for IM’s new strategy!


NAB,New Delhi
A day after Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal was arrested by a joint operation of Indian security agencies, sources revealed that he was planning to meet an influential Tibetan leader in Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh.
Sources in the National Investigating Agency (NIA) said that a team had been camping in Dharamshala and adjoining areas for the past few days after a tip-off that Bhatkal would come to visit some people. However, Bhatkal came to know about the operation and tried to flee to Bangladesh through India-Nepal border where he was apprehended by Indian agencies on Wednesday night. His aide and one of India’s most wanted terrorist Asadullah Akhtar alias Haddi was also nabbed along with Bhatkal.
‘We suspect that the duo had some meetings planned with a Tibetan leader in Himachal Pradesh and we are interrogating him for the same,’ sources said, adding that, ‘The leader which they intended to meet has also been linked by Indian agencies in few cases of Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN).’
In fact the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in 2011 had questioned few leaders at a monastery after the local police had seized few fake currency notes of Rs 500 denominations worth Rs 64 lakh at the Gyuto Monastery. ‘The ED is also mulling to lodge an FIR in connection with that case,’ the sources added.

Bhatkal is infamous for mobilizing youth to join the cause endorsed by his likes.

NIA sources added that they had sent teams to several Indian cities as they didn’t want to miss the golden chance which they saw coming their way to arrest Bhatkal.

Meanwhile, the investigating agency on Friday got the custody Bhatkal and Akhtar for 12 days. ‘They were produced in the Patiala House Court in Delhi where NIA requesting his custody for 14 days. But the court granted his custody for 12 days,’ the NIA officials said. Bhatkal was flown-in on Friday morning at about 10 am and was taken to All India Institute of Medical Sciences for a routine check-up.